Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Creativity and New Media

I'd like you to show me how new media fosters creativity by creating an example. This assignment is up to your imagination. Whether you want to create a YouTube video or show me snapshots of an avatar in Second Life that you created, I will leave the definition of "creativity and new media" up to you, and let you surprise me.
To get credit for this assignment you must post a blog entry with the above title and explain exactly what you did using new media tools and display it either with screenshots or by providing a url in your blog.

New Media is an amazing thing because it enable us to create a virtual life.  There are many different ways to create a virtual life such as through websites, softwares, and video games.  For myself personally I created a virtual account for this assignment because I do not comply myself to the virtual second life.  Ironically the virtual world game is called "Second Life" and the first thing that I did was get to choose my avatar.  You can choose from fictional looking characters as well as normal every day looking people.  
After I had chosen my avatar I downloaded the game and logged in through my username.  After logging in I had been connected to a server in the world which connected me to an interactive cultural exhibit on Dia de Los Metros, created by Mexican Folklore Students at the University of Texas at El Paso.  

When connected to the server, these were some of the virtual images that have been brought to my eyes.  


1 comment:

  1. This is Dope! Creativity at it's best. I have skills but this is truley creative. The perks which comes with staying on top of New Media and learning new programs is mind-blowing. I love the way you went straight for it. Great Job I love it.

    ReplyDelete